Fenelon Falls Brewing Co. is looking for a Brewer to join its growing team. This is a great opportunity to get started in a new Canadian made brewery system.
The role of Brewer with Fenelon Falls Brewing Co. is to manage and maintain all aspects of the brewing process. If you are analytical with strong problem-solving skills, a positive attitude and passion for craft beer, we want to hear from you.
Salary: competitive base + bonus
- Maintain and continue high-quality standards established by Fenelon Falls Brewing Co.
- Manage all aspects of the brewing role, including (but not limited to):
- wort production
- fermentation maintenance
- cleaning fermenters and brite tanks
- transferring beer for packaging,
- liquid filtering; and
- general brewery cleaning
- Ensure adequate resources; staff, materials, and services are deployed to meet beer scheduling demands
- Ensure the brewery is maintained at showcase standards of cleanliness at all times
- Maintain and establish contracts for all raw materials and cleaning suppliers, ensuring best pricing, service, quality, and inventory levels
- Liaison within the Ontario Craft brewing industry to build relations and establish best in class processes and programs associated with brewing operations, environmental sustainability, and safe work practices
- Provide technical support to local Sales and Marketing teams to respond to product issues, provide product information, and to resolve QA issues
- Identify potential disruption to production scenarios by monitoring brewing metrics (analytical, micro, sensory data) and initiate action to mitigate risks
- Seasonal and specialty beer recipes development and ensuring appeal to a specified market
- 2-3 years experience in a production brewery
- Formal brewing education is preferred, but not necessary
- Advanced understanding of all phases of the brewhouse, cellar, routine laboratory analysis, and packaging operations
- Excellent organizational skills are required along with the ability to implement quality controls
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Active listening skills to respond to inquiries and requests
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50lb of ingredients is a must
How to apply
Interested applicants should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration:
ii. Cover letter clearly explaining why you want the role of Brewer at Fenelon Falls Brewing Co.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We wish you much luck in your employment search.
About Fenelon Falls Brewing Co.
Fenelon Falls Brewing Co. was founded by husband and wife, Vinh and Agatha. Vinh immigrated to Canada in the 1970s, arriving in Fenelon Falls not knowing a soul, a word of English, or really having a place that felt like home. That didn’t last long. The village welcomed his family unequivocally in every way. It’s a great Canadian story.
Fenelon Falls Brewing Co. is an expression of all of that—accepting opportunities and applying the effort necessary to put a bit of good into the world. The intention throughout is to shine a light on the people, the heritage, and the life of the region. It’s a way of saying thanks, playing a part in the life of the community, and paying forward the tradition of hospitality that meant so much to them.
The Fenelon Falls Brewing Co. offers hand-crafted premium beer made in small batches in our Canadian-made brewhouse. We’re proud to say that everything we source is produced naturally by quality-minded people. Our brewing philosophy is to keep our ingredients simple and our processes to a minimum to make beer that allows the flavors and aromas to shine through. Of course, all our beer is brewed with no additives and no preservatives. The way it should be.