Fenelon Falls Brewing Co. is looking for an Assistant Brewer to join its growing team. This is a great opportunity to get started in a new Canadian made brewery system.
The role of Assistant Brewer with Fenelon Falls Brewing Co. is to assist with all aspects of the brewing process. If you are analytical with strong problem-solving skills, a positive attitude and passion for craft beer, we want to hear from you.
Salary: competitive base + bonus
- Maintain and continue high-quality standards established by Fenelon Falls Brewing Co.
- Support all aspects of the brewing role, including (but not limited to):
- wort production
- fermentation maintenance
- cleaning fermenters and brite tanks
- transferring beer for packaging,
- liquid filtering; and
- general brewery cleaning
- Ensure adequate resources; staff, materials, and services are deployed to meet beer scheduling demands
- Ensure the brewery is maintained at showcase standards of cleanliness at all times
- Maintain and establish contracts for all raw materials and cleaning suppliers, ensuring best pricing, service, quality, and inventory levels
- Liaison within the Ontario Craft brewing industry to build relations and establish best in class processes and programs associated with brewing operations, environmental sustainability, and safe work practices
- Provide technical support to local Sales and Marketing teams to respond to product issues, provide product information, and to resolve QA issues
- Identify potential disruption to production scenarios by monitoring brewing metrics (analytical, micro, sensory data) and initiate action to mitigate risks
- Seasonal and specialty beer recipes development and ensuring appeal to a specified market
- Minimum 1 year experience in a production brewery
- Formal brewing education is not necessary
- General understanding of all phases of the brewhouse, cellar, routine laboratory analysis, and packaging operations
- Excellent organizational skills are required along with the ability to implement quality controls
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Active listening skills to respond to inquiries and requests
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50lb of ingredients is a must
How to apply
Interested applicants should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration:
ii. Cover letter clearly explaining why you want the role of Assistant Brewer at Fenelon Falls Brewing Co.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We wish you much luck in your employment search.